edible


I grew up in a city. Eating weeds and flowers wasn't recommended. That all changed when I moved to our land. I love discovering what's edible right outside my back door. Everything from dandelions greens to pansies are incorporated into our meals. I get so excited each spring when I can start eating flowers again! How can you not feel like a fairy princess when your food is decorated with pretty petals?
I've  planted 4 different lilac bushes over the years and look forward to their intoxicating fragrance each May, but I didn't know until last night that I could eat them! Thanks to my California cousin on instagram, I am sprinkling them on everything- thanks Willow!

Here are some of my other favorite edible flowers:

  1. dandelions
  2. lavender
  3. violets
  4. pansies
  5. chive blossoms
  6. marigolds
  7. nasturtiums
  8. bee balm
  9. borage
  10. sweet rocket


Do you eat flowers? What are your favorites?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Swap Reveal Post!

The 2013 Local History Buff's Holiday Gift Guide

Albator Corsaire de l'Espace Torrent 1080p Telecharger