First Look: CLEMENTOONS

Yesterday blog reader Jeff Jordan commented: "Just curious, Jim--when are you gonna bust out a Gurney animation? I sense there's something in the works........."


You guessed it, Jeff! Here's the first look at a series of animated films I've been working on called Clementoons.


Clementoons gets its name from the main character Clement, a three-inch-tall cartoon person who is trying to find his way to Melville, the enchanted world where comic characters have come fully to life.

Along the way he'll meet other characters living their lives among us in the real world. Not all are cute and friendly.

I'll be premiering the first two episodes this Thursday at 8:00 a.m. Eastern time. I'll launch them here on the blog and on my YouTube channel.


During the last six months, I've been carving out time from my other work in plein-air painting, illustration, writing, and lecturing to design and build the dozens of stop motion puppets required for this project. And I've developed several techniques of animation that I'm quite sure will look like nothing you've ever seen before.

I have also been documenting the process on video and will be releasing tutorials showing everything from puppet fabrication to animation techniques to Lego-powered motion control dolly systems.

This is a return to a joyful obsession of my youth. I spent much of my free time in high school and college creating animated films, and my first job was in the animation business.

More previews tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Swap Reveal Post!

The 2013 Local History Buff's Holiday Gift Guide

Albator Corsaire de l'Espace Torrent 1080p Telecharger